Scrubby Dubby Saga
|Platforms||Facebook (HTML5), King.com (HTML5), iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Current version||1.30.0 (see here)|
|Length (in levels)||560|
|Website|| Official website: scrubbydubbysaga.com|
Scrubby Dubby Saga is one of the games made by King. It was released on several countries in late July 2015 and was developed by King.com.
This game is a variation of "match-3" games. Each level has a different shaped grid filled with soaps of three to six different colours (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Pink) and sometimes obstacles. The basic move of the game consists of dragging entire rows and columns to align sets of three of the same colour, whereupon they disappear, causing soaps above them to collapse into the space left behind, often resulting in chain reactions. Moves and alignments must be horizontal/vertical. The level's objectives must be met before the player runs out of moves. In each case, the player must earn enough points to get the first star (out of 3) in the scoring system.
Slide the soaps to create a path and travel through this strange and wonderful world in search of your missing friend. Along the way you'll meet a host of characters and play through some challenging levels.
Will you be a soap star and help the gang to reach their missing buddy?
Soapland is full of a mysterious foam but nobody knows why. Enter this adventure puzzle, slide soaps and unveil the secrets as you remove the foam on your way. Will you be a soap star and save the day?
Take on this fantastic Saga alone or play with friends to see who can get the highest score!
Types of levelsEdit
There are currently four different types of levels:
- Collection levels: The first level, the player is given a set number of moves and must collect a specific number of coloured soaps. The first 8 collection levels are also the first 8 levels in the game.
- Free your friends levels: Introduced at level 9, special game pieces called jails appear on the board and the player must match the pieces to unlock a friend beneath them using a set number of moves.
- Foam levels: Introduced at level 16, the player is given a set number of moves and must clear all foam-filled spaces by making a move with the soap above it.
- Pearl levels: Introduced at level 41, the player is given a set number of moves and must collect a specific number of pearls. The player must open the closed clams by matching them before collecting the pearls.
If the player succeeds in reaching the goal in the levels, the game does a "Soap Star", starting an automatic bonus round where the player's remaining moves are used to increase the score through creating various bottles on the board. If the player does not gain one star from his or her score, a life is deducted. The player is given a default number of five lives, with each life restored after a half hour. The player has the option of asking friends for more lives, or buying a life restoring item.
Levels are organised into "Episodes" of 20 levels each, with the background themed to a certain setting. Unlike most King games, you do not have to wait for 72 hours to unlock the next episode. However, in an older version, episodes after Soaphara Desert (in the case, Soaphara Desert used to be the second episode), you need to wait for 72 hours to unlock the next episode. Similar to getting more lives, the player has the option of asking at least three friends, or unlocking it using gold bars or money.
The bottles are created when combinations of four or more soaps of the same colour are matched together.
- When four same-coloured soaps are matched in a row a striped ray bottle is created. The orientation of the stripes depends on the way the four candies were aligned. When this bottle is activated, it will clear all of the soaps in either a horizontal or vertical direction.
- When five same-coloured candies are matched in either a single line, L, T, or a + shape formation a bomb bottle is created. When this bottle is activated, it will clear a 3 by 3 box around itself.
- When two striped bottles are mixed together, even if they face the same direction, a rainbow cross ray bottle is created. When this bottle is activated, it will clear a vertical column and horizontal row.
- When a striped bottle and a bomb bottle are mixed together, a rainbow striped ray bottle is created. When this bottle is activated, it will either clear all of the soaps for three columns or three rows.
- When two bomb bottles are mixed together, a rainbow bomb ray bottle is created. When this bottle is activated, it will clear a 5 by 5 box around it.
Other various "boosters" can be purchased, such as the soap hammer, which can clear one soap from the board, or the increased moves boosters.
Obstacles, or blockers also appear in levels. These include the resistant-to-bottles steel plates, the bombs that turn 3×3 soaps around them with steel plates or nuts if they are not cleared before their move count runs out, and the nut that require multiple matches to eliminate. The board will also contain fixations, which are soaps in "cages" that their column and row cannot be dragged until they are matched, and sponges, which hold a soap, nut, bomb, pearl or a bottle and cannot pass through a wall.
- The beta version of this game is Splish Splash Saga. It was renamed to Scrubby Dubby Saga in mid July 2015.
- On 2018-10-05 circa 14h00 (UTC), for the few hours, this game were unaccessible in king.com.